This is the Privacy Statement applies to the personal information of visitors to our online platforms, namely www.buymycars.co.za and all of our clients and potential clients who engage with us in any manner i.e. via website or visiting our showroom premises.
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time. Any updated versions will be posted on the Website and will be effective from the date of posting
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (POPIA), applicable in the Republic of South Africa. Generally speaking, personal information is any information that can be used to personally identify a natural or juristic person. If any information that we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, we will treat it as personal information. We may collect your personal information on the web site in the following ways:
- Data that is provided by website user (for example, name, contact telephone number, email address, location).
- Data that is automatically collected through IT systems when the website is visited, and this consists primarily of technical data that is utilised to analyse user behaviour (examples of this type of data include but is not limited to; the internet browser being used, IP address, domain name, the device used and page bounce rates).
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
www.buymycars.co.za collects and uses your personal information to:
- Gain insight into how our visitors use the website and to improve our website service, and to deliver the services you have requested.
- Inform you of other products or services available from www.buymycars.co.za
- Contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- www.buymycars.co.za may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your personal information is not transferred to the third party.
- In addition, www.buymycars.co.za may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or sms’s, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries.
- To respond to general enquiries submitted through our “Contact Us” page.
Do We Disclose Personal Information To Third Parties?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Our contractors and third party service providers in connection with the Website, and our business operators;
- Our insurers, underwriters and professional advisors, including our accountants, lawyers, business advisors and consultants;
- Employees and/or the managers of any entities through which they operate if we merge, combine or divest a part of our business;
- Law enforcement or regulatory bodies as required by law; and
- Any other juristic or natural person for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We will never sell your personal information.
Do We Send Personal Information To Outside of South Africa?
We do not currently send personal information outside of South Africa in accordance with POPIA, any other applicable laws and rules.
- We may, with your prior consent, use your contact details to send you details of new products or services which may interest you. These communications may be sent in various forms (including by post and by email) in accordance with applicable marketing laws. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method.
- All of these communications will set out how to unsubscribe from (or opt out of) receiving future communications if you no longer wish to receive promotional material.
As the Website is accessible via the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot guarantee the security of information you send to us online (including that it will not be intercepted). You send information to us online at your own risk.
- We may keep your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. In both cases, we take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that the personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Personal information is destroyed when no longer needed or when we are no longer required by law to retain it (whichever is later).
How Can You Access and Correct Your Personal Information?
You have the right to contact us at any time requesting:
- Confirmation that we have your personal information;
- Access to the records containing your personal information or a description of the personal information that we hold about you; and
- The identity or categories of third parties who have had, or currently have, access to your personal information. When making a request, we will require adequate proof of your identity. We will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing information, where you are entitled to it, by for example, posting or emailing it to you. There may be instances where we cannot grant access to your personal information. For example, if access would interfere with the privacy of others or would result in a breach of confidentiality, we may need to refuse access. If we refuse access, we will give written reasons for the refusal. If you believe that any personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, irrelevant, out-dated, incomplete or misleading, you may ask us to correct it. If you believe that any personal information that we hold about you is excessive or have been unlawfully obtained or that we are no longer authorised to retain it, you may ask us to destroy or delete it. If we do not agree that there are grounds for action, you may ask us to add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
If you believe that your personal information has been unlawfully accessed or acquired, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will treat your complaints confidentially (unless otherwise required by law), investigate those complaints and aim to ensure that they are resolved within a reasonable time.
Changes To Your Personal Information?
This Privacy Statement does not apply to any third-party websites which may be accessible through links on the Website. We do not make any representations or warranties about the privacy practices of any third party and do not accept any responsibility for them. Third-party website providers are responsible for informing users about their own privacy practices and we suggest that you review the privacy policies of any third-party providers whose sites you access. (AutoTrader/Cars.co.za etc.).
If users have any questions about this Privacy Statement, any general concerns or would like to lay a complaint regarding the treatment of your personal information or to access and correct your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.